Pickles & The Fruit Pit
Pickles was in a pickle himself. This 13-year-old pug came to VSC Emergency Services after he swallowed a nectarine pit. His owner was afraid it would become stuck in his GI tract if she didn’t act quickly. So, she brought Pickles in to have him, well, vomit.
Our Emergency Services team gave Pickles an injection of Apomorphine. This is the safest and most reliable way to cause a dog to vomit. Pickles brought up the pit without any issues and his owner had the peace of mind of knowing he wouldn’t end up needing surgery to have it removed!
Pickles left the clinic relieved to have the pit out.
Taking Care of Cooper with an IV
Meet Cooper. He’s a 6 month old Shih Tzu transferred to the Veterinary Specialty Centre’s ICU from the Paradise Animal Hospital. He needed continued supportive […]
What’s wrong Carli?
We often wish we could ask our patients, “what happened to you today?” We were hoping 6-month-old Carlie could tell us what was wrong. Her […]
Oscar’s Neck Pain
Seven-month-old Oscar is normally full of energy and excitement. But on this particular Saturday, his owner noticed changes in Oscar. The pup seemed uncomfortable. So, […]
The Difference an X-ray Can Make
Griffin is a 3-year-old Rottweiler cross. He came to the Veterinary Specialty Centre Emergency on a Saturday night. Griffin’s owner said he wasn’t himself all […]
Taking care of Clifford
Clifford’s family knows this young fella really well. He’s normally energetic. He’s definitely a chewer of all the things. So, when he wasn’t acting like […]
The Importance of Diagnostic Imaging for Your Pet
Oscar is a 6 year- old small mixed breed dog who was referred to the Veterinary Specialty Centre Surgical Services from Sunrise Animal Hospital. Oscar […]